Trek date during Dzongri & Goecha La Trek: 07th November 2016 (Monday)
Trek distance: Around 10 Kms.
Time taken: Around 7 to 8 hours.
Difficulty level: Moderate & strenuous.
Highlights during the trek:
- Wide & Beautiful Tsokha camp-site.
- Trekkers Hut at Tsokha camp-site.
- Golden Hour Beauty of Mountains from Tsokha camp-site.
- Scenic views of Yuksum & Hill station of Pelling from Tsokha camp-site.
- Breathtaking views of Mt. Pandim, Mt. Jopunu, Mt. Tenzing Khang, Mt. Lama & Lamuney from Tsokha camp-site.
- Beautiful Tsokha Monastery on the banks of small lake en-route Dzongri.
- Trek through trails full of Paved wooden logs.
- Rhododendrons trees can be seen throughout the trail till Deorali Top.
- Heavenly Phedang viewpoint.
- Kitchen Hut at Phedang.
- Breathtaking views of Mt. Tenzing Khang, Mt. Lama & Lamuney from Phedang.
- Tiresome hiking experience till Deorali Top.
- Breathtakingly beautiful views of Mountains of KNP including Mt. Kangchendzonga, Mt. Pandim, Mt. Jopunu, Mt. Tenzing Khang, Mt. Lama & Lamuney, etc. from deorali Top.
- Horses, Mules & Dzos all over the valley.
- View of Dzongri Top (Dablhagang) en-route Dzongri from Deorali Top.
- Chilly Dzongri camp-site.
Challenges: Moderate day of trek with walk on narrow trails at Tosh valley.
Altitude Meter: Please find altitude details for the day below:
- Tsokha camp-site comes around 2900 Mtr.
- Phedang comes around 3696 Mtr.
- Deorali Top comes around 4100 Mtr.
- Dzongri camp-site comes around 4060 Mtr.
Day 3 of the Dzongri & Goecha La Trek. It was great evening at Tsokha on previous day because breathtaking views of Golden Beauty of Himalayan Mountains in the evening. Our Trek lead Rhik informed us to wake-up early on 3rd day since strenuous day in store due to continuous uphill till Deorali Top.
Packed our rucksack and had much needed morning breakfast at 7:00 AM. Decided to start early from Tsokha because continuous steep ascent is in offering!
- Deorali Top
Uphill climb will take us to trails with Paved wooden logs and Rhododendrons trees can be seen throughout the trail. Hike was steep all the way with boring experience till Phedang which is 5 Kms. from Tsokha.
Reached Phedang Round 11:30 AM and clicked many photos on the way. Dzo’s, Mules & Horses can be witnessed throughout the trail. We met many groups too who already done with Dzongri & Goecha La or either they are on the way.
1st pit-stop point: Phedang
Breathtaking views of Mt. Jopunu, Mt. Tenzing Khang, Mt. Lama & Lamuney can be witnessed from Phedang if one is lucky & weather is clear. We are lucky to get views of these Mountains.
Rhik told us take 30 minutes break before starting for Deorali Top which is 3 Kms. from Phedang. Break got extended since we spent more time in photography and time was 12:30 PM when we started for Deorali Top.
Another forest stretch with good amount of Rhododendrons trees. 3 Kms. of continuous uphill took us to Deorali Top around 2:00 PM.
8 Kms. is what we covered so far with 2 kms. of trek in store to Dzongri which is nothing but our Day 3 camp-site.
2nd pit-stop point: Deorali Top
Deorali Top is another pit stop point available during available en-route Dzongri from Tsokha. It was 8 Kms. of continuous steep ascent. Trail is surrounded by dense Rhododendrons trees initillay which will take us to Phedang. From Phrdang another 3 Kms. will take us to Deorali Top. This stretch is strenuous experience all the way.
Spent 45 Minutes at Deorali Top and explored place like anything. Clicked some breathtaking pics.
With 2 kms. of trek in offering, Started to Dzongri from Deorali Top around 2:45 PM. It is easiest part of the day with open valley and one can see breathtaking views of mighty mountains belongs to Kangchendzonga Nationak Park, West Sikkim all the way till Dzongri. Dzongri Top (Dablhagang) which is nothing but view point destination can be seen at distance while heading towards Dzongri.
Reached Dzongri camp-site around 4:00 PM. Tent was already pitched from trek staff at Dzongri camp-site.
Had evening snacks followed by dinner at Trekkers Hut. Bhim explained us Day 4 plans and informed us to wake-up by 3:30 PM so we can start Trek to Dzongri Top at 5:00 AM sharp so we shouldn’t miss sunrise from Dzongri Top (Dablhagang).
Dzongri is beautiful camp-site of Kangchendzonga National Park which can be used as camping spot for overnight stay en-route Dzongri & Goecha La. It is just below Dzongri Top (View point destination) which is famous for 360 degree view of Kangchendzonga National Park. People camp here and trek to Dzongri Top earlymorning to witness Magical Beauty of Himalayas during sunrise.
Temperature: Around Minus 5 to 5 degree Celsius at night.