Trek date during Lamkhaga Pass Expedition: 25th May 2017 (Thursday)
Trek distance: Around 13 to 14 Kms.
Time taken: Around 8 to 9 hours
Difficulty level: Moderate to Difficult
Highlights during the trek:
- High Altitude Upper Kyarkoti Camp-site.
- Jalandhari Gad Valley of Govind Pashu National Park, Uttarakhand.
- Upper Kyarkoti & Lower Kyarkoti of Kyarkoti Meadows.
- Jalandhari River crossing.
- A walk on flat terrain with more of Boulders.
- Bhojpatra Trees of Kyarkoti.
- Spectacular view of Chhotkhaga Pass.
- 2 Temporary Mountain Lakes of Jalandhari Gad Valley.
- Glacier, Stream & Moraine crossings.
- Snow-caped Mountains of Jalandhari Gad Valley.
- Famous Gangnani Bridge.
- Classic Himalayan Landscapes.
- Famous Pine-tree forest of Indian Himalayas.
- Breathtaking view of Gangotri range of Peaks.
- Breathtaking view of Harsil Valley at Lower Kyarkoti Meadows.
- Jaw-dropping view of Waterfalls at Lower Kyarkoti Meadows & Gangnani.
- Beautiful Gangnani Camp-site.
Challenges: Moderate to Difficult day of the trek due to Stream, River & Glacier crossings throughout Jalandhari Gad valley.
Altitude Meter: Please find altitude details for the day below:
- Upper Kyarkoti Camp-site comes around 4400 Mtr.
- Temporary Mountain Lake 1 comes around 3555 Mtr.
- Temporary Mountain Lake 2 comes around 3400 Mtr.
- Gangnani Camp-site comes around 3215 Mtr.
Day in brief:
After crossing Lamkhaga Pass on Day 5 of Lamkhaga Pass Expedition – 2017, Day 6 is all about beginning of return journey to Harshil. It will be around 25 to 27 Kms. of trek from Upper Kyarkoti Camp-site to Harsil so decided to camp at Gangnani on 6th day and 7th day will be final day of the trek to Harsil which is our ending point.
All of us wake-up late on Day 6 since we had long day on Day 5 which lasted for 12 hours including crossing Lamkhaga Pass. I woke-up around 7:00 AM and freshen-up meanwhile i spent sometime on Photography. Breakfast was served around 8:30 AM, meanwhile everyone enjoyed sunshine at Upper Kyarkoti Meadows. All of us dried our Clothes, Shoes and other wet belongings which is effected by long Snow walk on previous day.
Started our return journey to Gangnani Camp-site around 10:00 AM from Upper Kyarkoti where we camped overnight. It was easy walk on Moraine & Boulders of Upper Kyarkoti Meadows which is surrounded by Snowy Mountains.
It was 10:45 AM when we crossed Jalandhari River followed by walk on patches of Glacier took us to open fields.
Took small break of 15 minutes around 12:00 PM noon and clicked some photos.
Continued our journey around 12:15 PM. Reached Lower Kyarkoti area of Kyarkoti Meadows which is full of Serenity with Spectacular view of Chhotkhaga Pass, Jalandhari River, Snow-caped Mountainous, Temporary Mountain Lakes, Glacier, Stream crossings & many more.
Note: Flowers are also one of the Highlights of Jalandhari Gad Valley! Since we trekked in month of May we could see very less flowers over the valley. Jalandhari Gad Valley is Best visit post Monsoons in the month (August or September).
Had Lunch break around 2:15 PM with at Lower Kyarkoti Meadows and started back to Gangnani around 2:50 PM.
Witnessed as many as 2 Temporaray Mountain Lakes & Bhojpatra Trees throughout the stretch of Lower Kyarkoti Meadows. Also experienced Scary Stream crossings which took us to Gangnani Bridge around 6:00 PM.
For more information on Jalandhari Gad Valley of Uttarakhand, Please follow the link: Jalandhari Gad Valley – A Heaven in the lap of Himalayas!
As soon as we crossed Gangnani Bridge, Steep ascent took us to dense Pine-tree forest followed by Wooden Bridge crossing took us to Breathtaking Beautiful Gangani Camp-site around 6:30 PM.
Gangnani Bridge is situated at Beautiful Gangnani of Jalandhari Gad Valley, Uttarakashi District, Uttarakhand. This Bridge is only connectivity between Lower Kyarkoti Meadows & Gangnani. This is newly constructed Bridge for Jalandhari River near old broken Wooden Bridge.
Had Hot water for drinking followed by Lemon Tea at camp-site. Also Pasta and Soup were served to us in the evening. Had dinner around 8:00 PM and told Bye Bye for the day with final journey to Expedition end point Harsil is in store!
Gangnani camp-site is extremely beautiful camp-site which is surrounded by Snow-caped Mountains, Pine-trees, Waterfalls and Stream belonging to Jalandhari Gad Valley of Uttarakhand, India.
Temperature: Around 5 to 10 degree Celsius at night since camp-site is situated at lower altitude.