Trek date during ANIMAL Pass & SORA UMGA La Trek: 24th September 2016 (Saturday)
Trek distance: Around 12 Kms.
Time taken: Around 9 hours.
Difficulty level: Easy to Moderate
Trek distance as per ViewRanger GPS Application: Around 11.5 Kms.
Highlights during the trek:
- Magnificent Sharan Thach camp-site.
- Bit like morning walk at Tosh valley as we started at 6:30 AM.
- Snow-capped mountains in-front of Sharan Thach camp-site.
- High altitude mountains on both sides of trail.
- 360 degree view of mesmerising Tosh valley.
- Bright sunshine.
- Variety of Himalayan flowers.
- Beautiful Kutla village.
- Easy descent to Tosh village.
- Drizzling as we reach closer to Tosh village.
- High altitude high tech village – Tosh.
Challenges: Moderate day of trek with pressure of reaching Tosh village before 2:00 PM so we can catch cab to Bhuntar.
Altitude Meter: Please find altitude details for the day below:
- Sharan Thach comes around 3345 Mtr.
- Shiyadi Thach comes around 3000 Mtr.
- Buddhaban comes around 2725 Mtr.
- Kutla village come around 2675 Mtr.
- Tosh village comes around 2380 Mtr.
Day in brief:
Last day of the trek and goal is to reach early in the afternoon to Tosh village so we can catch 2:00 PM cab to Bhuntar. Our bus to Delhi is scheduled at 7:00 PM in the night from Bhuntar. As informed by organiser Kundu on previous day, all of us got up at 5:00 AM in the morning and had freshen-up. Myself had morning formalities and joined trek crew for chit chat in the morning. Meanwhile trek crew prepared Coffee for us. It was only Coffee of the trek rest of days we had Tea only. I had Coffee. Clicked some morning shots before leaving to Tosh village.
Myself feeling really sad cos this is our last day of the trek and it is going to all over today. Every Himalayan Trek will have Happy and Sad part. Beginning of the trek is always exciting and ending will be saddest one
As planned, all of us started at 6:30 AM and it was non stop walk till 8:30 AM. I felt like morning walk at Tosh valley for us. We had only Coffee in the morning and packed lunch was served for us so we can have it on the way. All of us had breakfast around 8:30 AM at Shiyadi Thach. It was half an hour break and much needed one for all of us.
Around 9:00 AM, we continued our return journey to Tosh village. Reached Buddhaban around 10:00 AM and Kutla village around 10:45 AM.
Waited for rest of the team members to join us so we can bid adieu to 5 members at Kutla village who going to spend extra day at valley. Finally, after some group photos we continued walk to Tosh village.
Some of them had bath at nearby falls. Myself along with Narayan ji reached Tosh village around 12:00 PM. Myself booked small room at Hotel Oliver Garden and freshen-up.