Adventure group: Bangalore AdvenTurers (BAT) – Website link: www.bangaloreadventurers.com
Event date: 02nd August 2015
Team size: 10 Adventurers
Trek distance: Around 5 to 6 Kms.
Trek Plan: Please find day itinerary for Kunti Betta trek below:
- Leave Bengaluru at sharp 7:00 AM from Banashankari Bus Stand.
- On the way have breakfast at Bidadi. If possible pack food for lunch/Have lunch at the top.
- Start trek to Kunti Betta once we reach the base.
- Reach the top and relax for some time.
- Trek back to the base
- On the way visit Tonnur Kere, Nambi Narayana and Gopal Krishna Swamy Temple at Thondanur.
- Reach Bengaluru around 8:00 PM
Difficulty level: Easy since it is small hillock near Pandavapura.
Best time to trek: Anytime of the year
Nearest town is Pandavapura (Mandya District)
Distance from nearest cities:
- Bengaluru: Around 123 Kms. (Bengaluru to Kunti Betta)
- Mysuru: Around 62.4 Kms. (Mysuru to Kunti Betta)
How to reach the place:
- From Bengaluru, Take following route to base of Kunti Betta: Bengaluru –>Bidadi–> Mandya–> Panadavapura –> Kunti Betta
- From Mysuru, Take following route to base of Kunti Betta: Mysuru –> Panadavapura –> Kunti Betta
Mode of Transport to choose:
- If you hire a Tempo Traveler, it is easy to cover all these places.
- If you use public transport, you can cover only one place i.e. Kunti Betta
Places covered for the day: Following places were covered for the day
- Trek to Kunti Betta
- Nambi Narayana Temple
- Gopal Krishna Swamy Temple
- Tonnur Kere
- A visit to Jaggery – Bella factory
Kunti Betta revisited this time with BangaloreAdvenTurers (BAT). This is my 3rd visit to Kunti Betta and this time as a organizer. It was my first event as organizer though i am in adventure for last 3 years. It was very easy trekking destination around Bengaluru. Nice place to spend a day in nature with beautiful landscapes and lakes around the place.
My 3 visits to Kunti Betta:
Spending time in nature never a waste of time & money. During my 3 visits to Kunti Betta , i have explored different kind of terrain every time.
- Day trek in 2012: In 2012, My first visit to Kunti Betta with BASC was a memorable one but we climbed opposite hill rather correct hill. I started to write travelogues from this event & it was my first blog of the life since then i never looked back.
- Night trek in 2013: Kunti Betta Night trek was unforgettable one with my good old trekking friend Sandeep Bharath. Those days are really amazing with lot of trekking events in every weekend.
- Day trek in 2015 as organizer: As i mentioned earlier, My first blog of life is on Kunti betta day trek. Now after nearly 3 years, another day trek to Kunti Betta become my first event as organizer for BAT.
Day in Brief:
As a organizer, it was my responsibility to implement plan. According plan our departure to Kunti Betta was scheduled at 7:00 AM from Banashankari bus stand. I was there at Banashankari bus stand at 6:15 AM itself and waiting for other registered Adventurers to join me. TT came at 6:45 AM as informed and other 9 adventurers also on time. As per plan, our TT started at sharp 7:00 AM from Banashankari bus stand. Distance to Kunti Betta from Banashankari bus stand is around 123 Kms. My plan is to start early from Bengaluru so we can cover this distance before 10:00 AM. We all stopped at Bidadi for breakfast around 7:45 AM. Had breakfast at Hotel Shivasagar. Most of them had famous Tatte Idli for breakfast, we all took parcel for the lunch from same hotel (11 no.s of Chitranna and Puliyogere were packed for lunch).
Started from Bidadi around 8:25 AM. We all moved on Bengaluru – Mysuru Road. Had self-intro session in the TT. We have to take right turn at some point on Bengaluru – Mysuru road. Entrance arch for Pandavapura can be used as landmark at the junction. From that arch we have to go straight. Another 12 to 13 Kms. of journey inside Pandavapura will take us to the Kunti Betta base.
Reached Kunti Betta base around 10:30 AM. Started trek to Kunti Betta. As i already visited the place in the past, i didn’t found difficult to identify the trail. It was very easy hike for all of us with trails clearly visible en route top of the Kunti Betta. Took many group photos and small breaks while hiking the hill. Reached top around 12:15 PM.
Relaxed for 90 minutes and had lunch on top of the hill. Took some group photos and started back to base around 1:45 PM.
It was very easy descending to the base. It took us only 45 minutes to reach the base. After reaching the base around 2:30 PM, all of us started towards Thondanur to visit Tonnur Kere, Nambi Narayana and Gopal Krishna Swamy Temple. Explored the temple and took many photos.
Note: Both temples are opposite to each other.
Tonnur Kere was nearby so it didn’t took much time for us to reach the lake. All of us explored the lake around 45 minutes and started back to Bengaluru around 5:30 PM.
While returning to Bengaluru had special visit to Jaggery-Bella factory. Our driver stopped TT at one of the Jaggery-Bella factories at Pandavapura. It was very informative and memorable final visit of the event with well spend day on “Friendship Day” 🙂
A special visit to Jaggery-Bella factory
While returning to Bengaluru, had snacks break at Adigas hotel, Maddur. Reached Banashankari bus stand around 9:15 PM and departed to our places.
- It was very memorable event for me cos everything went according to my plan and got more confidence to organize more events in the future 🙂
- I would like to thank other 9 Adventurers who made my first event as organizer successful one.
Thanks a lot for coming and making event memorable one for all of us 🙂 🙂 🙂